Saskatchewan Driver License Exchange


As a new resident of Saskatchewan, you must apply for a Class 5 driver’s licence for either of the following situations – whichever comes 1st:

  • within 90 days of moving to the province; or
  • upon expiry of your out-of-province licence

Accepted Countries:

  • another Canadian jurisdiction
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • France
  • Germany
  • Isle of Man
  • Japan
  • Jersey
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Republic of Ireland
  • South Korea1
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • the United Kingdom
  • the United States


  1. Identity (2 pieces)
    • Passport
    • Record of Landing OR PR Card.
      • See detail in
  2. Saskatchewan Resident (one of following documents)
    • Utility bill (limit of one document per utility type) – telephone, power, energy, water, internet, cable or alarm service (no cellphone bills)
    • Financial document – bank or credit card statement, cancelled cheque, or letter on official bank letterhead Declaration of guarantor for proof of residency
    • Mortgage document – including Property Tax Assessment, land title or insurance policy Residential lease/rental agreement
    • Personal income tax document – including Notice of Assessment, child benefit, GST statement or T4
    • Employment confirmation – employment pay stub or confirmation of employment letter
    • Social assistance benefit confirmation – Worker’s Compensation, disability payment, Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, Social Assistance benefit confirmation, or Employment Insurance benefit statement
  3. Your country’s driver license
    • Original with French or English translation
    • International Driver License (obtained from your country before going to Canada)
    • Claims history (optional): To see if you qualify for a discount with the Safe Driver Recognition program, you will require a claims history letter from your previous auto insurer.
  4. Fee